Located in Harriman State Park the WTEC offers a beautiful Lakeside setting with rustic cabins, a communal commercial grade kitchen, and hot showers for after a hard days work! We offer classes and other workshops that are open to the public including Wilderness and Remote First Aid, CPR and AED as well as many others.
- Large dining hall and meeting space (Includes refrigerators, stove, pots, pans, dishware, washer and dryer, and library)
- Cabins for Service Corps Members (include bed, desk, chair, and shelf)
- Bunkhouse for volunteers (10 beds)
- Plenty of tent space
- Dock and waterfront on Lower Twin Lake
- Hot Showers (when water is turned on during the summer season)
- Poor/non-existent cell phone service
The Welch Trail Education Center is in a gated group camp area of Harriman State Park on the south side of Route 6 between I87 and Palisades Interstate Parkway.
GPS coordinates: 41.315369, -74.079008
We are in need of lightly used or new:
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- DVDs and Videos
- Plants and Gardening Supplies